Using our field-tested approach, Lean Horizons will show your business how to apply Lean and Six Sigma tools to the New Product Development process. Your organization will develop standardized, predictable New Product Development processes, which align product strategies with market needs. We enable your developers to make improvements in:
- Product roadmap development
- NPD funnel management
- NPD toll-gate process flow, and
- New product introduction process flow
Benefits of a Lean New Product Development process:
- Superior Visibility – Your business will be able to focus on areas of greatest strategic value and financial return
- Improved Operations – Advancing the New Product Development and New Product Introduction processes allows the company to gain a large competitive advantage
- Meeting Target Goals – Prevent weak projects from hoarding scarce resources, and allocate valuable time and financial resources to winning projects.
With resources and budgets positioned by disciplined new product development, your organization can realize improvements in overall process lead-time, productivity, time-to-market and return on Research & Development spends.
Why Do New Products Fail?
- Companies don’t truly understand customer’s needs and problems
- Engineering and marketing each think they already understand the customer
- Lack of attention to the Voice of the Customer
- Are we making the product like the customer told us? Features? Function? Price?
- This leads to the failure of approximately 80% of new products!
We look forward to partnering with you on your Lean New Product Development journey.